Maddy's Rant

Vacuous, vivid, vivacious, aphrodisiac, simulating, rapid, ravenous

Name:
Location: Bellevue, WA, United States

Come and sit with me my friend, I promise to show you the world beyond your wildest imagination.

Sunday, July 24, 2005

English Fun – 101

Prepositions are locators of time and space. Three commonly used prepositions are in, on, and at. They can be remembered via geometric examples. If we consider a cube, “at” denotes a point in the cube; “in” represents the area or volume and on represents the top face of the cube. Also, here are some example usages . Albeit, they sound simple, they are very important.

at – represents direction and location

The dog jumped at my face. My parents stay at the country. I have to meet him at the railway station.

in – enclosed region

I stay in Bermuda. I am usually in my boxers ;). Two boxers are in the ring. (enclosed by ropes).

on – not enclosed

The soccer players fought on the field. I want your lips on mine but please don’t let your tongue in my mouth.

Some exceptions – on – {bus, train, plane}, in – {car}

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home