Maddy's Rant

Vacuous, vivid, vivacious, aphrodisiac, simulating, rapid, ravenous

Name:
Location: Bellevue, WA, United States

Come and sit with me my friend, I promise to show you the world beyond your wildest imagination.

Saturday, July 30, 2005

My dream of india

I am proud to be an Indian. There are certain questions about India when asked leaves me without answers. Today, I was reading an article in www.rediff.com on how summer monsoon killed 850 people in Maharastra. Few days earlier, on the same web portal there was an article about a farmer in Andhra Pradhesh who committed suicide because of drought and the lack of irrigational resources. Maharastra and Andhrapradhesh are neighbouring states only seperated by a half a thousand miles only. This makes me wonder what do we plan in our five year plans. Why is nationalization of rivers such a big issue. With so much money pouring in through IT sector, why can't the central goverment give a serious thought on this?. This paves way to the question ,Why can't every part of india enjoy the same popularity and attention?. Think about the kashmir issue, two decades to catch veerappan, bihar issue, tehelka case, IIT engineer beign killed, corruption in tamil nadu. Note, everything I mentioned above has political involvement.
I am proud to be an Indian. I am proud to be an Indian.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home