Maddy's Rant

Vacuous, vivid, vivacious, aphrodisiac, simulating, rapid, ravenous

Name:
Location: Bellevue, WA, United States

Come and sit with me my friend, I promise to show you the world beyond your wildest imagination.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Power of positive thinking vs. reality

I hate those boring books by dale carnegie, shiv kera and others alike. I really think how would these authors take if their books hadn't been a best seller. It is always easy to motivate people in paper, draw wonderful plans yet deceive them. I also never believed in consuelling. Not because I am a cynic, but I do not see the finer point in it. I am a strong believer of no person can be resurrected or redeemed without his complete will, and a person who possess such will never needs to find such cheap motivation.
Given the current day life, hapiness is sought as a product, as a commodity and even as luxury by many people. When I was young no matter what I did, how stupid its consequences were I remained happy. As I reached adulthood, because of cut throat competition and so-called acheivements I am driven to go and do stuff which is really challenging. But is it worth it? time alone shall say. But do I enjoy it? Yes. I am a kind of person without stress would stress out. Positive thinking and high hopes always are important. No matter where you end up with these virtues you surely will be higher than the place you would be without them.
Do not look in yourself within the words of others. You should praise, pamper, motivate and treat yourself. Never except this in the words of anyone else as it is not worth much.

3 Comments:

Blogger Butterflies said...

MADDY....True very true ...I do feel the same....Motivation and Optimism can never be got from outside..Its self born and self made....Do u know Psychatrists ...who call themselves GREAT MOTIVATORS...are actually and truly at times bit time pessimists..Its easy to advice but difficult to follow so...U alone can be a motivator to yourself...

5:39 AM  
Blogger Truly Yours said...

You should then see the movie prime(2005). Its a story about reaction of a mom, who is a psychiatrist, when she finds out her 38 year old divorcee client is dating her 22 year old son. First, she says to go ahead and then when she finds out that its her son, she is in for a toss. Amazing movie.

5:54 AM  
Blogger Rathi said...

rite, self motivation is what will last..nothing else..its a mere waste of energy trying 2 motivate anyone else...

9:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home