Maddy's Rant

Vacuous, vivid, vivacious, aphrodisiac, simulating, rapid, ravenous

Name:
Location: Bellevue, WA, United States

Come and sit with me my friend, I promise to show you the world beyond your wildest imagination.

Monday, May 22, 2006

Can Gods be ever propitiated without a sacrifice?

I, frequently fear the "fear of failure." Having set the tone straight, yesterday I was having a conversation with a good friend of mine. Our casual discussion turned fervid when the topic of success came about. I always believe that life is excruciating and one has to endure all sufferings in his/her truest pride to come out successful. Things that come easy have less value. On the contrary, my friend defended his orgothonal thesis saying that all what matters is to stay happy. He belives that competition, success and failure of life can not be measured by education, money or other material benefits. Agreed. Albeit, I do not completely deny, but how can one be happy without these. I fear that you wouldn't be adjudged happy without these qualities. Human mind would always seek constant intervention from other external forces to support its claim. Comparison and competition has become way of life and it shall remain to be. Does it mean inadequacy in studies or other arena are presages of doom? Yes- I am afaraid so. But I'll never know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Butterflies said...

Only if failures are there success can be understood!only if sadness is there we can be happy!

8:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home